Tuesday 9 January 2018

Sudan Project part 10 - More British Forces

Happy New Year and welcome to the first post on this blog for 2018.

Things have been a bit manic over here at Shed Wars central and both painting and games have been a bit thin on the ground in the last couple of weeks. Things have have not helped when I decided I was going to rebuild the other sheds in my garden - yes I have two others to store all kinds of paraphenalia (bikes, camping equipment, garden tools etc). This meant transferring everything into my games shed, with a bit of luck I should be complete by end february so no big games until then.

In the meantime I have been pushing on with painting the British forces for my Sudan project. As you can see from the pictures below things have grown somewhat since my last post.

previous post here


Four battalions of infantry, a cavalry regiment, officers and two screw guns are now almost ready for deployment





The Artillery support is from Perry (in fact everything in the British force is from Perry)



I picked up 29 Black Watch Highlanders (unpainted on ebay for £25) - having spent hours painting tartan in my Naps project these guys just got dark green kilts


Six mounted officers painted - the double represents the general


12 Cavalry Hussars - not the best paint job but they will do.


Two battalions of Perry plastic - one with blue gaiters the other with blue trousers - the third plastic battalion (top right) has blue trousers and grey tops



Up next - one more British battalion and then the Egyptians

Come back soon

part 11 can be found here

7 comments: