Part 4 of this project can be found here
If you want to start from the beginning head here
Sadly I took few photos of the pre stage but to give you a feel for the work involved I firstly dry-brushed every piece with a yellow ochre, on top of this was a dry brush of off white.
The following two pictures give the stages done on the pyramids
I also fixed the temple entrances into the cliff faces. The first you can see in the pictures below. The second and larger of the two has more work to be done.
And finally I finished !
So lets get it all laid out. Before you scan the following pictures Ill point out that I still need to add the scrub and dry grass and paint up all the egyptian paraphernalia. But I am getting there.
When I set out to start this project my ambition was to build an arid landscape that could satisfy a number of genres - ancient Egypt, Indiana Jones, and the Crusades to name a few.
To date there are over 6 metres of rock faces, 6 small mesas, and 9 50x50cm square boards. They are all interchangeable.
I think I am getting there. Palm trees and oasis next.
Thanks for following
the last part is here