Friday, 11 July 2014
Egyptian Adventures - The temple build part 1
So this afternoon I put down the gardening tools and started in earnest on my Egyptian Adventures Project. I decided to build an Egyptian temple fronted with a pylon tower.
This is very much work in progress but for an afternoons work I am quite happy...
As you can see I still need the roofs - I ran out of foam core.
The whole building is going to be clad in a blue foam skin. This way I can etch on the detail of the stone work and if I am lucky the heiro glyphs. Ideally I am looking for a stamp with heoroglyphs on so I could use this for indenting the surface.
The resin statue in the middle was a cheap buy on ebay its very heavy !
We are off to Northampton shire this weekend for a family bash so no more progress over the weekend...
off for a cold beer
part 2 can be found here